2008年5月8日星期四

吃的点心 - Eating dim sum as bribery...

So now that my ticket is booked you'd think I'd be set. Ha! Unfortunately there is still so much to do to prepare for my trip and I still have more than a month of school remaining. This weekend I bought my first backpacking backpack. To say that I am a little proud would be an understatement. I was very nervous to do this without my dad, a guru in all things hiking related (at least to me), so I drug along my roommate with the promise (bribed really) that we would have dim sum before I ventured into REI.

The store was packed due the anniversary sale going on, which was one of the reasons I chose to go that weekend. Never the less, the guys in the pack department were very helpful after I explained what I planned. I tried on a few and even got to have some weight put in them. ^_^ In the end I chose the Women's REI Ridgeline 65. It is an internal frame pack that holds approximately 3,966 cubic inches. Plus, it is a totally adorable blue color! With a rain cover it should be perfect to haul my crap through Southeast Asia. I’m totally obsessing over this trip.

Now, I just need to hope that my brother saves his money so he can come... pray for me (and my trip). I’ve also asked my Dad to take me on a few short hikes this summer. Not only will it be a good way to test my bag out a little but I’m excited to spend some time with him and my step-mom before I head off for more than a year away. I’m sooo out of shape he is going to need to drag me up the hills. ^_^


没有评论: