2008年12月8日星期一

我的洗澡是很舒服! My Shower is so comfortable!...


Bathroom = Heaven!
Originally uploaded by Alexandra Lord
I’m currently stretched out on my bed at my new apartment. My air conditioner’s heat is on high and I’m toasty. It feels amazing as my muscles slowly relax after my hot shower and I begin to get drowsy. That is one huge plus that I can add to the list of positive qualities my apartment possesses; a great shower. I can forgive the difficulties of getting the hot water running and having to cope with standing over a squat toilet while de-tangling my hair in view of the fact that, it was fucking incredible not to have to hold the damn shower head while I was trying to wash or deal with drainage problems. (Haha, my drain is actually my toilet) Mind-Blowing Amazing!!!

I spent the afternoon cleaning my apartment, which had already been “cleaned” the day before. In China, you find out pretty fast that “clean” does not have the same meaning as in the US. While I’m generally fine with that, it doesn’t fly in my apartment. So, I re-cleaned what had been cleaned and cleaned things which were overlooked. This includes that top of the microwave which was covered in a layer of grows slime and dust as well as behind both beds which, while appear new, had probably never been move after arriving in their current domicile. I have not bought cleaning supplies so I have not yet tackled the immense challenge of the kitchen but the owners were nice enough to leave behind a rag mop and broom (sans dust pan).

Actually, my landlords left behind a lot. Not only were the obvious like beds, couches, and tables furnished but they also left a few pots, pans, dishes, bedside table lamps and even extension plugs. It was really a wonderful surprise. Of course, some of the things left behind are useless including a pair of shower slippers, two toy assault guns, tons of old chop sticks, and a bunch of bottles of ink, plus more.

Anyway, after cleaning for a few hours SiYu was great and helped me move most of my things into my apartment. For the past week I have actually been staying in SiYu and Daniel’s guestroom. They live in the same complex as my old apartment and are also part of the University of Washington program. My new apartment is on the 7th floor in a building without an elevator so it was a big task to ask of him. But, like always, SiYu was more than willing to help out. We only had to make two trips (we walked it over) and on the 2nd trip my TA, Eddie, called and volunteered to help. After moving everything I took them both out to dinner. Dinner was only 35Y ($5) so I definitely still owe SiYu and Daniel for being such amazing sports about the whole situation

没有评论: