2008年12月9日星期二

Crazy ATMs in China...

So, I’m finally done with the kitchen but I don’t have any food in the apartment and only 22Y to my name. So, I was desperate and needed to find money fast. By this point it was nearly 7:30 but I figured that HaoYouDou didn’t close until 10pm so everything would be fine. HaHa!!! Yeah right! I ended up needing to go to 9 different ATMs to find money!!!! YES 9!!! ATMs in China run out of money because there are so money people using them, but still, it is completely crazy to need to go to 9 different AMTs just to find one with money. As I had finished visiting my 6th ATM, I ran into Eddie. He could hardly believe my story. Finally, the Bank of Communications had money and I was able to take out the maximum 2000Y.

It was near 9pm when I finally crawled into HaoYouDou and struggled to buy all that I wanted…I spent 300Y. But, then on top of all the crap I had just been through, I realized, as I’m riding my bike home with 2 huge grocery bags hanging from the handlebars and 1 in the basket, that my bike is broken! Somehow, whatever holds the metal mud guard above the front wheel had broken!!! Eventually, I made it home and climbed the 7 flights of stairs with 4 bags! I ended up having a dinner of yogurt and 2 slices of bread with peanut butter. Then showered and immediately went to sleep!

没有评论: